My friend, "the Boss" sent me this questionnaire relating to Christmas. I love these "getting to know you things". I am addicted to learning more about people. Please, leave your answers in the comments or let me know if you post on your blog. I am curious like that!
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!!......Tis the Season to be NICE!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Bags unless it calls for a wrap (and I have some pretty paper and ribbon I am dying to use), which some do.
2. Real tree or Artificial? artificial one but I have candles that make my house smell like the real thing.
3. When do you put up the tree? weekend after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Eve
5. Do you like eggnog? Hate it!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Any Barbie stuff and my Madame Alexander doll, Ashley. Oh, and my bike.
7. Hardest person to buy for? The men in my life. And my MIL
8. Easiest person to buy for? Sister Sledge and my mom.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a few
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Email, tacky! Unless of course it is some forward interactive card which my kids love. But actual cards I mail. And I love to get them. I save each year's. The cards go on my Christmas tree.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A talking flowerpot that sang the Macarena song. I gave it back the next year! Take that! Ha!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story. OBSESSED (and my family and friends know this). I also am a big fan of the animated cartoon, Nester. I would advise tissues.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Throughout the year. Can begin the day after. I am done well by Thanksgiving. I hate crowds.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes that flower pot....
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? All the homemade goodies the women in my family make. And what my friends and neighbors send my way.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, lots!! Who has a dark tree?
17. Favorite Christmas song? I love 40's era tunes, Marshmallow World, Santa Baby, Blue Christmas....those but I also love Faith Hill's one from Grinch and Jimmy Buffet Christmas Island and have mercy- All I want for Christmas is a Real Good Tan for by Kenny Chesney. I get nostalgic listening to Christmas in Dixie.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I'm very thankful that we don't have to travel and get to stay at home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Only if I sing the beginning of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer!!!Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Big bow and a star
21. Open presents on Christmas eve or morning? Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? That people loose sight of what the holiday really means.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I collect blown glass ornaments. I like the color of them. My fav's are the ones with an island theme. I also have some vintage glass balls that I love.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Peace, really. .......and a cruise to Mexico and the virgin islands. Its not asking a lot. Is it?
Shrimp & Sausage Sauce Piquant
4 years ago