There was however, a reason for my trip to the bombardment. Sledge's school closed due to sewage backup. Gross. I am now contemplating moving. All that is in my head are the disgusting little germs and bacteria that ran through the hallways and into rooms. 60% of the school was affected. And I am a germaphob. Has anyone seen the Seinfeld episode in which Jerrys girlfriend toilet explodes on her and then he cannot date her any longer. I can relate. I may have to have a long distance parental relationship after Sledge is permitted to go back to school. Oh, I kid. But I will meet her at the bus stop with a disinfectant kit.
The sewage fest was however, good news for Sledge. It has given her a week off of school (which I have told her she will have to make up. She is hoping they will forget). We were due a girls day. I took Sledge to the mall. Sledge had not had her hair highlighted since her birthday last year. She had been asking, so I thought, Why not? She had it cut and highlighted. We ate lunch. We bought her a couple new outfits. And my mother had given her some cash that was burning a hole in Sledge's pocket. She picked out a new webkin. We had a wonderful day.
On the way out of the mall I ran into the precious Jenny Hope and her daughter Morgan.
I knew one day that eventually Jenny Hope's path would cross with mine. Jenny Hope was one of the first blogs that I came across in my introduction to Blogging over a year ago. Jenny is one of these people who lives are a true testament of faith. She is a survivor. She has faced obstacles and hurdled them, without failure to give glory to God. She is amazing. She had her precious little girl, Morgan in tow. It was great to meet her. She is often a topic of Jenny's in her tales of Morgan's gift of gab. To sweet. Please lift Jenny up, as she is in need of prayer. I know though, that the Lord will continue to use her for His good.
My dear friend Terri of Bama Bargains bestowed upon me this sweet award below. Susan said of Terri best, "What can I say about Terri? She's a giver. She's always thinking of other people." It's true. She and my friend Zinnia are two amazing women who are true givers and constantly putting others before themselves. They are great examples of unselfishness.
To be accepting, I was asked to follow some guidelines to answer some questions and then to pass the award along. So now I must follow the rules and list six things that make me happy and pass it on to six other bloggers.
What makes me happy:
1. My family.
2. God and His works of nature.
3. The beach, but I suppose this could account for #2.....if that is the case I will say spanx. There's nothing like good underwear, especially if it sucks and tucks. Can I get a amen?
4. good music. It can completely change my mood....like sunshine on a cloudy day.
5. Being with my circle of friends. They always afford me a laugh.
6. A roadtrip...especially one in which there is a pit stop at some really cool dive that serves up a great meal
and a bonus.....especially in light of yesterday's downward spiral- knowing that our investments are stable-and even growing. Yesterday was a hard hit on many. May we all come together as a country and pray.
Passing this award onward to:
1. Jen of Dust Bunny Hostage. If there was anyone who is kreative, it is Jen. From her post to her crops ...amazing.
2. Back Porch Musings. She is an seasoned photographer and her decor makes you want to put a for sale sign in your yard. Kreative, yes.
4. A Beach Cottage. This chick wants me want to chunk everything in my house in the trash and then look through someone else's to accessorize. She does it. Have you seen her beach house? Gasp.
5. Life and Times of a Carolina Parrothead-This is one person who has a gift for the writing. I am waiting for the book to be published.
6. Kari and Kijsa- Their entire blog is composed of all things creative. Go there to get some inspiration.
That crazy girl Susan of Psych Ward was kind enough to bestow me with this Brilliant Weblog Premio 2008 award. I am so appreciatve and honored that you would think of me.
On this one I was asked to elect seven folks that I felt deserving. These came to me easily:
1. Rhoda's Southern Hospitality- Everyday she brings her southern charm to us by way of decorating advice or a good recipe.
2. Musings From Left Field-J is an inspiration. A full time employee, a devoted blogger, planning a wedding, and literally refurbishing and restoring a lake house herself (with the assistance of good friends and family). Though she makes me break a sweat tuning into her blog, she inspires.
3. A Schmitty Life- She brings wit and satire to the everyday grind. Like good coffee, it's addictive.
4.Bless Our Nest-Anther who will give decorating inspiration and make you jealous that you don't live in the state of Arkansas-where there is an Oops.
5. Da Troll- I admire him for speaking his mind on even the topics that some of us avoid for opening a can of beans. Example-politics. Troll is one I must tune into...and he is a pro at Troll Polls.
6. No Sleep in Helena- I tune in daily to see what is going on in my corner of the world. "Hewy's" blog is brilliant in the fact that all the news is there...and often times a fun contest. He is friends with an inner circle of gnomes. Not many can claim that.
7. My Good Cents- Looking for bargains? Freebies? Samples? Good Cents can direct you to where to find the steals on deals every day. In today's world of a crashing economy, how can one not visit her blog?
Last award of the day. Jeannie of Musings gave out some time back and I am just posting. Sorry.
This is an award of love. And I love to visit these blogs. They are always enjoyable and entertaining:
2. Bama Belle
4. Nancy Grayce
5. my good bud, Charnita Expressions (heart her)
6. I Wright. ...great spirit!
7. Greek Grits....another Bama girl. Whats not to love?
OK all recipients, be sure to spread the love and let them know where you got your badge of honor....your leg lamp accolade.
Finally, some things that are on my mind....
continue to send in your costume contest entries through November 1. We will vote by poll shortly after.
Speaking of polls, there is a Presidential Poll on my sidebar. Cast your vote on who you will be voting for in the November election. Votes are all anonymous. You can only vote once. Make it count.
It gets on my nerves!....... Don't be offended if you have it....comments that require word verification. I love to read everyones blog. And I also love to comment so you will know that I came by. Though I do not all the time because I hate the word verification. It waste time. I have never had a robot come to my blog and I have had my blog over a year. It's just MHO, you dont have to listen. I just want you to know I did swing by. I just hate that word verification. Hate it. That's my 2 cents for what it is worth. No one be offended.
Have a great day! Smile, you never know who can use/need it.