Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Living Room Makeover

I must say, there are some improvements in the Circus Household. I had my sister in law's mother (who is a decorator) come over yesterday and begin placing things in my house. I cannot be more excited to have someone do it for me. I have felt less than confident after visiting the blogs of some decorating divas such as Rhoda's Southern Hospitality, The Nesting Place, Bunny Bungalow , Back Porch Musings, Bless Our Nest and Chatting at the Sky. These ladies are complete decorating wizards. Through their blogs they take you on tours of their own homes and give great , simple suggestions that any bozo like me could do. But I don't. Because of my own insecurities. I would much rather someone else do it.
So, yesterday was session number one. I wanted to start with my living room. That is where we greet anyone that comes over, where the entertaining is done, where we kick back as a family. Who wants to be stuck in an ugly room? After painting a month ago, and having every single picture that was once hung in that room, propped up against the fireplace, it was well overdue for some attention. My decorator, Cindy Cochran, came in a worked her magic. Everything she used came from my house. I showed her every nook and crannie of disaster and mania. Basically, where all the junk was stored. It was as painful as having a tooth pulled, but like pulling teeth, it can lead to a better image. Cindy is scheduled to come back for some other sessions, but I had to share what we are up to. Pictures are soon to come....

In the meantime, check out this story of decorating ideas at Bless our Nest.
It is so clever and chic!

5 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oooo, Leigh, can't wait to see what she had done for you. Glad it all worked out and she made it over. Waiting for pics...and will be back!

Rhoda

Frannie said...

show and tell! not just tell! :)

Shannon said...

Thank you so much for the shout out but I cannot compare to those other ladies!! I cannot wait to see pictures of your living room!! Hurry!

Trina said...

How much fun! It would be neat to have a fresh eye to rearrange your stuff. I'm just too cheap to pay for it! LOL

YAY! I'm excited I might get to be a "fran"!

Travis Cody said...

That's great that you can get some help to make it look just right.