Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lunar Eclipse



A final reminder of the lunar eclipse tonight...



7:43 partial
9:01 total eclipse
9:26 mid eclipse
9:51 total ends
11:09 partial ends

Not until Dec. 21, 2010, will there be another total lunar eclipse.




Here is a photograph that I took last lunar eclipse. I was at my parents place in Orange Beach in November of 2003. This was the beginning of the phase..................................................................................................................................................................
(8PM UPDATE: Dang! It's to cloudy. Not viewable from my home)
Most Recent Update- At did get to see the last part of the eclipse, it was about 10:30 Pm when I got this last shot. The moon looks like a cresent moon but it actually the the Earth's shadow when the moon was coming out of the darkest shadow, or umbra

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in San Jose, CA and while the lunar eclipse was intercepted by clouds and rain, luckily I'd shot my first lunar eclipse previously in August. The images were shot with my Canon 10D at 300mm, various exposure times... i was up all night! 6 hours and about 1000 photos. I've posted some of the best via the link.

http://www.eloph.com/dev/events.asp

Canon 10D, 300mm, f/5.6, ISO 1600, ~2 sec

Tom

Abbey Road -- said...

OOOOOO - that is a beautiful shot of the last one, Leigh! You're so good!