Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lunar Eclipse



A final reminder of the lunar eclipse tonight...



7:43 partial
9:01 total eclipse
9:26 mid eclipse
9:51 total ends
11:09 partial ends

Not until Dec. 21, 2010, will there be another total lunar eclipse.




Here is a photograph that I took last lunar eclipse. I was at my parents place in Orange Beach in November of 2003. This was the beginning of the phase..................................................................................................................................................................
(8PM UPDATE: Dang! It's to cloudy. Not viewable from my home)
Most Recent Update- At did get to see the last part of the eclipse, it was about 10:30 Pm when I got this last shot. The moon looks like a cresent moon but it actually the the Earth's shadow when the moon was coming out of the darkest shadow, or umbra

1 comment:

Abbey's Road said...

OOOOOO - that is a beautiful shot of the last one, Leigh! You're so good!