Friday, January 25, 2008

Valentine's Day Goody Swap


Kailani at An Island Life is hosting a Valentine’s Day Goody Swap, so I gleefully signed up to participate. But I have to be honest with you, I’m not a huge fan of all the romanticism that goes along with Valentine’s Day. Mainly because for a lot of people it’s the source for unneeded heartache, distress, and disappointment of not having a date, or not getting reservations at the perfect restaurant. I think my hatred of Valentines Day started about the time I was in middle or high school, with a complete full blown crush on Big Daddy. I was a hopeless (very hopeless mind you) romantic that was convinced I was destined to be spending my Valentine's days with him. He didn't have eyes for me. There were times when I even dated others but my heart was pitter pattering for Big Daddy. I knew one day. That day did come, and I married the guy. I still have a crush on him but forget any romance. He knows NOT the word. It makes no difference. I hate the day now, I really don't even care much for flowers because the ones I would get remind me of a funeral home. Certainly I should be in some form of therapy. But I have a blog, it's cheaper.


I am a big fan of all things that contain sweet messages of friendship or homemade touches that really show one spent time in the thought. I am definitely participating in this goody swap, and so can you! Just click on this link and sign up! You have until January 31st to do so. You can choose to have a US partner or an international partner. You never know—you might receive the very thing you always wanted to Valentine's day-but then again you may receive some crummy carnations.

There is one stipulation to this Valentine’s Day swap—you have to answer the following questions on your blog. And as I stated, I am totally not the romantic type-on Valentines day anyway, because it is such a day that is hyped up and so obvious it isn't honest to me so don’t expect much. Consider yourself warned.


What is your idea of a romantic Valentine’s Day?
"Honey, I am taking the day off so you can have the day off. I have hired a maid to take care of all the housework for today. Tonight we will dine under the stars at the beach by campfire. I will have a warm blanket to wrap you in as I swaddle you and whisper sweet nothing into my ear, the bills are all paid off, Bama got into a great college by scholarship, the kids didn't fight even once today. BTW- they are at home doing homework and telling one another why they are so blessed to be one anothers sibling........"

In reality, what is your Valentine’s Day really like?
The game World of Warcraft playing in the background (screams and fight scenes) Pizza Hut pizza and a 12 pack of Pepsi-"Oh! Happy Valentine's day".....

If you could have a lifetime supply of your favorite sweet indulgence, what would it be?

Mojitos anyone? otherwise...Hmm sweet? Hot Tamales, Belgian Chocolates, jelly belly's, Jr. Mints, Welch's grape juice (the kind that looks like wine) . Not sweet-I am not huge on sweets, cheese and bread....(Yeah, my partner will love me...LOL)

Is there any sweet treat you absolutely do not like?
licorice. coconut.

If you fell into a pool of chocolate, how would you get out?
I would climb onto one of the marshmallows and use the biscotti as a paddle, gently gliding it through the chocolate pool, around the strawberries, past the apple slices.....wait! I am in the chocolate fountain that I dreamt of licking till it was dry right? What was the question?

1 comment:

Abbey's Road said...

Valentine's Day is for young lovers .. when you get to be our age, you realize that there's a LOT more to it than sweet cards and candy ... and I'm so glad that there is .. that would get really boring!!!