Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Heath Ledger, Dead......



....So saddened to hear that Heath Ledger was found dead in a Manhattan apartment. I recently blogged about the movie, A Knights Tale. Ledger always impressed me, both as a terrific character actor (he could nail a character and really get into a role) as well as his seemingly disdain attitude when it came to the glitz and glamour of Hollywood. He seemed by all accounts to be a private individual and until most recently was a "family man" and involved father to his infant child with Michelle Phillips. I was shocked when they separated. Not much has been said yet of his untimely death, as information is still coming out, but in any circumstance it is sad. Such a young man. He had such promise. He was once quoted as saying, "I don't care about the money. I care about the craft. One day I will die and I can't take the money with me. It doesn't matter. What I will be judged on is my performances." And so it will be.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This really shocked me. Not necessarily because Heath was an actor, but because he was so young (28) and father to a baby girl. I'm very saddened by this.

Jess said...

You're right about him having so much promise. My husband enjoyed "A Knight's Tale" and thought that he was pretty talented. And his baby girl...we may not know of the family's spiritual life, but we do know that God is sovereign.

Lindsey said...

I was surprised! I enjoyed A Knight's Tale as well.

I am glad you have been visiting my blog and delighted that you added me to your blogroll. I added you as well, my new bloggy friend.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was so shocked about this.
Please let me know how the mushroom chicken turns out this weekend. Have fun!