Tuesday, December 11, 2007

At Iguana Grill the Mood is Festive




Driving down Lorna Road in Hoover, it is easy to spot the new restaurant, Iguana Grill, sitting atop a hill, glowing in sunset shades of red and yellow. The mood is festive inside too, where ambient lights fill nooks and spaces as well as colorful murals and Mexican artwork. It is not your typical Mexican Restaurant, nor is the food. The menu offers the traditional Mexican fare, as well as some unique dishes like Sopa de Mariscos (seafood broth accompanied with crab, mussels, fish oysters,shrimp and octopus $14.99) and the Bistec a la Mexicana (sirloin steak cooked with onion, tomatoes and bell peppers. Served with Mexican rice, refried beans, lettuce, pico de gallo and tortillas $10.95). The menu is large (three pages) with lunch and dinner specials as well as a children's menu and full bar. The prices are a slight bit higher than most Mexican restaurants but so is the festivity, service and cleanliness. The food is good, although to me it doesn't surpass the quality of other local restaurants offering the same type food. The Iguana Grill is certainly a place to go to take friends from out of town for some good food and a margarita. One can get lost in the lights and color and courtyard under the stars air you feel when dining at Iguana, but do not fear the food and quality is not lost! It is as festive as the surroundings.
Iguana Grill
2085 Colonial Drive (right off of Lorna Rd in Hoover) Suite 101 Hoover, AL 35216
(205) 987-8240, checks are not accepted. *Hoover respects the no smoking law in public enclosed places.

4 comments:

jennyhope said...

I am so going to have to try it is it like the mexican restaurant in Crestline...um Lapaz. I wasn't sure what that was off of Lorna.
I still L O V E Cozumel and was thinking about eating there for my birthday! I eat there every week. It is soooo good!! I will say a prayer for you to about what you wrote on my blog. I so want to have a hysterectomy! My ob says no. I went off of the pill so things have been messed up for me and I am going back on next week! :)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

The place is just gorgeous to sit in. I too like Cozumel Grill. Great salsa and I LOVE the green sauce. At Iguana they give you 2 sauces, the regular salsa and also a fire roasted tomatillo sauce. The latter is my favorite. I LOVE it, but I also like spicy things.
Thanks for agreeing to my prayer request. I am a sissy when it comes to the doctor, but to not have "my aunt" visit monthly-or now actually twice a month will be a blessing.Good Luck to you as well. I will pray for you too, thanks Jenny Hope!

Michelle said...

My sister just told me about this restaurant last night. Her and a friend recently visited. I love Mexican food so when we are in Birmingham again, we will have to try it.
It looks just beautiful on the inside too.
-Michelle

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Alabama Gal, you should go. You will like it I am sure.