Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tis the Season


It's a good day! It rained yesterday (Praise God!Every little bit helps). That rain dance request I begged for (and prayer) has worked. Just keep dancing!
It is finally beginning to feel like Christmas. I had to get past Thanksgiving (and Halloween) before I could accept the decorations being up. I had a cup of hot chocolate while I watched the Christmas Story with Peter Billingsley. You recall the one, Ralphie has to convince his parents, teachers, and Santa that a Red Ryder BB gun really is the perfect gift for the 1940's. That movie is such a classic to me. I laugh so hard every time I see it. I remember going to see it at the movie theater when I was 12 or 13 years old. I walked out because I thought it was so silly. Some years later I caught it on TBS and have been hooked ever since. I can relate to Darren McGavin (the father) because he had my Dad's personality and mannerisms down to a tee. Especially the scene where the family puts up the Christmas tree. LOL! Yes, as a matter of fact, I do watch it 24 hours on the Eve of Christmas. Almost all 24 anyway.
Magic 96 is now my station to drive to, for the next month they play all Christmas tunes all day. And when one comes on I don't care for (I can;t stand to hear the British song "So this is Christmas"), I put in my CD that my husband made me with great oldies like "Santa Baby" and "Marshmallow World", "Baby it's cold outside" with Sammy Davis Jr and Carmen, then there is Bing, Frank, and even Elvis (Blue Christmas). Oh, I love those.
I did some online shopping.....so that is in gear. And this week I plan to go and see the Broadway style production of the Gospel According to Scrooge at Kingwood Church. If you haven't been, then you MUST go. I went one year with a friend that raved about it. It now officially marks the celebration of season for my family. It is a tradition to be made and production to see and the message is what it is all about. (For more info on Scrooge, see my post on December events). This show is a MUST SEE! I promise that you too will find yourself in the pilgrimage to catch one of the shows. And it's FREE!
I LOVE this time of year! A celebration of celebrations! Merry Christmas!

No comments: