Sunday, November 25, 2007

Elf Magic



Do you know these Elves? If you have younger children then you probably do. Perhaps your child has asked for an elf...this is what they want. Three years ago our family got our first elf, Holly. She came to stay with my daughter, Sledge. We had alot of fun with Holly while she visited and then she returned to the Northpole with Santa when he stoped by our house on Christmas Eve. This is the routine.

The next year she brought her younger brother, Spencer to stay with J Smooth. Holly and Spencer are mischievous elves, though they are very loving and embrace the spirit of Christmas. Usually the elves arrive shortly after the Christmas tree goes up in our home, although this year they arrived the eve of Thanksgiving. Holly and Spencer put in extra long hours in making toys to be able to arrive a early. Last year the elves rolled my children's room in toilet paper, though this year they did a fantastic job of cleaning the rooms up spotless.

The Elves come with elf dust, for which your child will sprinkle on ever so lightly. The magic dust allows the elves to come alive at night while your child sleeps. Last year we woke up to find Holly and Spencer crashed in a big bowl of popcorn with several Christmas movie DVD's strewn about. Sometimes they might bring a tiny gift or piece of candy, other times it is notes. I have to be honest in saying that I love the elves almost as much as my children do. They bring such spirit into this house every Christmas season. The are a tradition that my children talk about all year long and eagerly anticipate their arrival as the trees begin to loose their leaves. I have a good feeling that one day Holly and Spencer will continue to return to my grandchildren in the spirit of tradition. There is one rule for your child to be able to have an elf come to their home....the spirit of Christmas. If your child doesn't have the spirit, then the elves just will not be able to do their magic. My children can vouch for this. If you are interested in learning how an elf can come to stay at your home during Christmas, check the comment section of this post. It is a Christmas secret, be certain not to spoil the fun.

4 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

http://www.elf-magic.com/
No children please. It will spoil the spirit.

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I'm frustrated - blog.com is having problems AGAIN today and I am unable to log in ... thinking of moving to blogger.com or some other place. I'll let you know and details of the trip will be forthcoming!!! Hugs, Abbey

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Hey Abby-
Sorry to hear that. I have been happy with blog.com, although I cannot figure out how to format my website like your with pictures anywhere. Hewy does it. I am just computer illiterate.
Hope you enjoyed your trip. I can't wait to hear all about it.And do send me a "change of address card" should you decided to relocate....

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Abbey-I am unable to leave a post on your blog...