Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Deperately Seeking Clean, as well as Prayer for Siran.

I am a desperate housewife...desperate to get my home spotless. And if you have kids, then you know that is about like shoveling snow in a snowstorm. Impossible! I spent the day doing some deep cleaning of my home. I have a garage full of things that I hope to sell off in a garage sale. It is packed. I have just come to a point in my life where I question, do I really need all this stuff? No. We are far to materialistic than we should me. Things don't matter. They don't. I guess I am to start my new years resolution early, purge the stuff. At the same time I am sentimental. So, I am selling or giving away all except things that I have sentimental attachment to. I just hope I can make a little cash and put it away.
While I worked away today I discovered a new product that is phenomenal! It is called, Clorox Oxi Magic Multi purpose stain remover. Let me tell you, this stuff works wonders. It even removed a stain from sweet tea that even my carpet cleaners could not remove. I just sprayed it on and stains disappeared. Amazing. It was actually fun cleaning with the Clorox Oxi Magic Multi. I went all over my home. searching for little problem stains, to just spray them away and watch them disappear. If only life's problems were that easy...but then I suppose we would miss the lesson.
Another product that is terrific is Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I got even permanent marker off of a wall and desk! I will caution as with any cleaning product do not allow children to use. I recently got an email about a child whose parent allowed the child to help clean using the Magic eraser. There were photos enclosed with burn marks on the child's skin. So I do caution you. I will continue to use it though. Both of these products saved my house today from a certain torch act of desperation.
I had the news on during a lunch break and I was so terribly saddened to hear about the car accident that involved former Alabama football star Siran Stacy. Stacy was a star running back for the Tide in the early 90's. The accident killed six people, including Stacy's wife and four of his children, as well as the driver of the other vehicle that was involved in the accident. Stacey is listed in stable condition in surgical intensive care at Flowers Hospital in Dothan. His 3-year-old child was airlifted to Children's Hospital in Birmingham.My heart and prayers go out to the families. Situations like these truly make you realize what one should really be thankful this Thanksgiving Holiday. My prayer is that Siran will heal both his body and heart, especially for the sake of his only remaining child (a 3 year old twin girl to another that was killed).
More can be found here: http://www.abc3340.com/news/stories/1107/474208.html
A parent should not outlive his children, much less four of them. I pray for strength for him to rally on for he and his remaining daughter. Deep Condolances and Godspeed.

No comments: