Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Pinky- Leigh?




Oh, my, gosh. I am 37 years old. My 17 year old son has accused me of a mid-life crisis. Tell me it isn't so. I do not yearn for a sports car, I am not investing in mini skirts and abercrombie clothes, I am quite content with my husband-I am not looking for a younger man (and never will). Pink hair. That's what did it. Just a stripe or 2. I don't know why. It's what I want. Not a whole pink head , just a subtle, er, hot- pink stripe.
Oh, my! Tell me I am not that bald man traveling down the highway in his red convertible sports car, comb over piece of hair flapping in the breeze as he tries to milk any amount of youth and testosterone he clings to-just like those last bits of hair on his head. Don't compare me with him. I tried to convince my son that it would be "cool" for the roller derby team. He just rolled his eyes. Oh, gosh...maybe I am having a crisis! Nahhh....LOL. My son...he is ultra conservative. Which for a young man in today, I am quite proud. Heck, I am VERY proud. I have to laugh when sometimes he tries to parent me.
No, I am not trying to be some rebellious child. Maybe I am doing all I can to embarrass my kids? I don't think so. I don't think? Sometimes I do, I love to, but that is not the reason-not this time. I really am not sure there is a reason. Is it the middle aged thing? My parents can't disown me now. I have my own house, they can't kick me out. I think my friends would completely expect it. They know me and know I like to poke a little fun at myself and have fun in this life. I am not a "cookie cutter" soccer mom-I also know I am 37 and don't EVER want to go back to 17. I am quite content and happy with my Life. Pink Hair (just a couple streaks) that's fun.
My husband gave me the "thumbs up"with a spoken"yeah". Maybe he is having a crisis? I can't believe he agreed. But I did ask him during a W.O.W. (World of Warcraft) battle sequence. I could've told him I was running away to the convent-and told him while I was standing before him stark naked and he wouldn't have noticed. Not during W.O.W. HaHa. I should've known better.
Ya know, with Halloween coming up, it is the perfect time to try it out. I could buy some dye and just see. I just thought it'd be a little different. Not the same ole, same ole. I attached a few "pink" pic's as examples. I would get the slightest streak or 2 on each side. That's it. I mean I am getting older. In about 30 years I might have blue hair, unintended of course. Nah, just kidding. But for now...pink. Just a bit. We'll see. If I do it, I'll give ya a peek.

4 comments:

Hewy Nosleep said...

It looks great. Teenagers get too embarassed.

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! So... where is the picture of you w/the pink hair? Was that you? I've had some really bad shades of red, btw.
Carol from IN.

Anonymous said...

Brock must hate you for that

Anonymous said...

I like your pink hair--love gog