Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Journey of Life


.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................This rain, it washes the tears from my face
And with it the pain......
Outstretched road ahead, endless
Behind me are the mountains I have climbed
The dirt under my fingernails, it tells the story
It tells of how I climbed and struggled to reach the top, triumphantly
Yet only to look ahead and see hill over hill,
mountain beyond mountain.
This rain, it washes away the dirt......
Outstretched road ahead, endless
I walk this traveled road of dreams
My feet, they bleed
Behind me the pathway is stained with my blood
It is symbolic of the long way I have traveled to come this far
This rain, it slowly washes away the stains
I look ahead, a long way to go to uncertainty
It is a long road that vanishes into the ridges of rising purple mountains
The sun, it dries my face as it does another day
and above this outstretched road
the one that seems so endless, above it, a rainbow.
Poem by Leigh Bratina, August 1993
Photo courtesy of Photo Bucket

No comments: