Friday, December 10, 2010

Weekend

You people are fabulous! And creative! And crafty! And thrifty!!!!!
You all had such wonderful contributions to Thrifty Thursday yesterday.

Dogsmom had this sweet, sweet compliment to pay, "As always, your choice of music is perfect. Did you notice that people linking up today have offered appetizers, food, desserts, decorations and ways to clean up. Your site offers it all! "

How that warms my heart! Sincere appreciation for such a kind compliment, but I owe the GUMBO love of links to all of you! It is YOU who link up each week with such a wonderful medley of Thrifty Thursday ideas! And for that I thank YOU!!!!!


I hope you will hop on over to Plates and Places today for some Broccoli Cornbread. It has some unique ingredients that give this cornbread its wonderful flavor, that will make you beg for a second slice....or three! It's perfect served with a big bowl of soup. I don't know about you all, but I bet you are as cold as I am! Even those of us in the south are getting a Canadian clipper blast of cold. In the south we might say that " It's cold enough to freeze the balls off a pool table...Cold as a frosted frog....Cold as an ex-wife's heart....Cold as a cast iron commode"....Well, you get the idea......It's COLD!  

Enjoy your weekend, stay warm and count your blessings.
XOXO,
Leigh

4 comments:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I am headed over for the cornbread. I made a corn pudding dish for Thanksgiving...really it is nothing more than corn cornbread....but to each his own for titles of recipes. Love the picture of the tree...and the sideboards on your background. Hope you are well and thriving.

Keetha Broyles said...

Cold as an x-wife's heart! Hahahahaha.

We're kinda "warm" here - - - all the way up to 28 degrees this morning, but up to 12 more inches of snow could fall tomorrow - - -

I imagine we only have about 3 inches out there now.

Sharon@Keen Inspirations said...

We are headed for our coldest week yet here in the Norht Georgia Mountains! Lows in the single digits....BRRRR....
Leigh, I have a question about your CSN Preferred Blogger Button. Would you mind emailing me so that I can ask privately? Thanks and stay warm!
Sharon@keenInspirations

DogsMom said...

My comment was definitely sincere.
I keep your blog up for hours listening to the music while I click link after link.
We were hit with a foot of snow last night so except for running dogs in and out (they are lovin' it) I prefer to stay in.

Oh- now you're playing Baby It's Cold Outside! I have a muppet video of that on my crafts site.
http://dmuseit.wordpress.com