Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thrifty Thursday #27 and a Tablescape

Hi there, my friends!! It's #27 of our Thrifty Thursday!
Thanks for dropping by! I really appreciate all of you playing along in Thrifty Thursday. It is enjoyable to see what treasures all of you find. Not to mention the biggest treasure-meeting you and discovering some fabulous blogs! That's the best part!
A quick recap of Thrifty Thursday, for those who may be new to the idea....Thrifty Thursday is a show and tell of sorts. It is time for you to showcase your thrifty find. It can be an old find or a new one. It might be something that you found at a thrift store, a consignment store, flea market, garage/yard sale, dumpster diving, even antique stores. It's it was a thrifty find, then it meets the requirements. I am not picky, It can be a great pair of boots & a killer vintage dress, jewelry, home decor, even fishing lures. It is your thrifty find.
Tell me about it.Where did you find it? What is it? What do you plan to do with it or how do you plan to use it in your home? Do you want to sell it? Thrifty Thursday's are about the thrill of the hunt...and the treasure you found. So....do show and tell!

On a recent thrifting adventure I came across this gorgeous Celtic cross.

I like the aged patina that it has with the rubbed details.

It was $9.00. More than I like to pay at the thrift store, but I was in love. It is a fairly large piece and very heavy. It found a home in my kitchen, but has moved from several places throughout my home. I like to move things often. Keeps it interesting, I suppose.

My friend, Bama Belle, was so kind and shared some grape tomatoes from her garden. I love fresh vegetables, as do my children! Thank you Bama Belle!
Be sure and stop by Thoughts of a Bama Belle to see her tablescape as well as enter her Fall Giveaway..yes! It's time to start thinking about fall decor. Can you beleive it?
Thanks for dropping by on Thrifty Thursday!

Now onto the Tablescape Thursday segment of the post....which also happens to be thrifty!
This tablescape is a country setting strawberries and tea.
The quilt was a thrift store find. $20.00. It is really an old quilt, not a reproduction, and was in good condition. The colors I loved.
All of the dishes, my moms! Free. A clear depression glass plate. A basic white mug. Doily that was inherited.
The teaspoon purchased at an antique shop very inexpensively. $2.00
The teapot, a gift from my cousin, Gina.
The silver pitcher, found at "the Longest Yard sale" (which is coming up in August be sure to google it!). The Crape Myrtle is from my mother's yard. Free. And gorgeous!

I encourage you to visit my friend Susan of Between Naps on the Porch for some great Tablescape Thursday participants.



I invite you to visit PLATES AND PLACES for Southern Staples and my Friday Foodie Friday. Thank you so very much for joining in Thrifty Thursday today! I treasure your friendships and comments. I truely do.

Participants:




28 comments:

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

Thanks so much for being our hostess in the fun party.

WhisperWood Cottage said...

I'm hoping my link gets posted. It's not showing up. Just in case, here it is...

http://whisperwoodcottage.blogspot.com/2009/07/love-affair.html

Amy

abeachcottage said...

thanks Leigh, I'm in.

Chandy said...

Hello dear Leigh... I can't wait to see it!

j said...

I love to decorate with anything red. Loved the quilt and it made for an adorable tablescape.

Be blessed Leigh!

j said...

Oh! And Bama Belle... doesn't surprise me a bit that she was generous with her tomatoes. She is SO sweet!

Chandy said...

Great post! Love the patina too and tomatoes, yum! Especially from a good friend. Those tables are great, the quilt, beautiful!

Bill said...

Hi Leigh, Thank you for hosting. Always fun to join another party where like-minded people share fun finds and thrifty treasures!

I really like that you're using the great quilt as a tablecloth. The silver pitcher is beautiful, and the flowers match the quilt beautifully!

Bye for now,
Bill

Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

Wow, I love that quilt, it's beautiful!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Leigh! Loved your tablescape today. Lots of pretties, including that silver spoon. Love the pattern. I'm crazy about old silver, and I like your pitcher a lot, too! And of course, that quilt is wonderful! That's a very, very shiny object! :-) Oh, and so is that teapot... how cute is that! And I love your mother's pieces, too.

At some point I want to do this meme with you. I'm getting ready to wind down for a bit because I have some things that have to be addressed, and I need to put the pedal to the metal both on a trip and in getting some house and general life things done. I've neglected them sadly in the process of doing other things. You probably know the drill. ;-)

Happy TaT and ThT to you! Drop by my blog to sign on for my giveaway if you get the chance. I'd love for you to have a shot at it.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for hosting again. I need to move things around more often in my home. That is a pretty pattern on the spoon.
Glenda

Mrs. Petrie said...

Your cross is gorgeous! I love how it looks like something that could have come out of an abandoned house in Ireland. Thanks for hosting!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Leigh...

Ooohhh...I love that celtic cross!!! What a fabulous treasure find...I think it's well worth the $9, my friend! I have always loved the pretty ornate celtic designs!!!

Love your beautiful summery tablescape too! Mmmmm...those strawberries look scrumptious! Girl, that little red & white polka dot teapot is just soooo darling!!! Just love all of your treasure finds...they all make for a gorgeous table!!!

Thank you so much for hosting Thrifty Thursdays...this is my 4th time to participate!

Have a terrific Thursday, my friend!
Chari

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Love your cute red table!!! I love a table set with red!!! Always so vibrant and inviting!!!

The cross is stunning...what a great find!!!

Happy TT!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Bama Belle said...

Oh you are so precious !!!!!Thank you for linking to me and I am thrilled you enjoyed your tomatoes!
What a great table, and even better when the dishes come from our Mothers

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hey Girlfriend...

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a peek at my vintage "thingy"! Hehe!

Just had to come back by to tell you thank you for the GRAND idea of adding an old tub to the stand and using it to ice down beverages! Love, love, LOVE that idea!!! Ohhh...I do love blogging!!! I would have never thought of that!!!

Thanks, my friend!
Chari

Victoria said...

Adore that little red & white tea pot! I used to have red all throughout my kitchen and seeing this makes me miss it!

Candy said...

Fun post. Love the loooong spoon and red check tea pot.

Come see what I picked up today ;-)
Candy

Maryrose said...

Hi Leigh,
Great table and I love that crape myrtle. Fun and Fabulous.
Maryrose

Laura said...

I love all of the red. Everything looks great!

Enjoyed visiting,

Laura

Kristin - The Goat said...

Whew, being on vacation totally messes with my blogging schedule :) I hope to be back on track next week.

I love that celtic cross. Reminds me of my trip to Ireland not so long ago. It's beautiful.

What a lovely red and white tablescape and that quilt is the star!

Kristin

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Leigh,
I just love love your table! That teapot is just the most adorable, would look good on my table too (hehe) and the quilt for tablecloth is gorgeous! I love the cross too, I am curious where you will use it, please post when you do I would love to see it! Thanks for being our hostess with the mostest! Cindy

Cass @ That Old House said...

Hi -- thanks for the blog party, it's such fun!
I LOVE that Celtic cross and I think 9-bucks is a darned good price!

Love the sweet tablescape, and especially love that you used so many of your Mom's dishes, and the teapot from your cousin. Red! Gotta love it!
Cass

BrittanyMarie said...

My first time doing this!!!! :-) Your tablescape is adorable, I love it!

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

The red and white is so striking. Love the quilt!

DD

Denise Marie said...

love it! esp. the quilt!! and the clear glass thingy that the spoon is resting on. I want to get some salt cellars and spoons but they are really expensive here in Houston.

Embellished Bayou said...

What a cool cross, and your red & white table is so fun! Thanks for hosting us!

Tricia said...

Hi Leigh.
I'm a little slow at making it around this week, but here I am. The celtic cross is great! It reminds me that I have three similar crosses in my goodie bin. They might just work on my family photo wall.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Have a wonderful weekend!
XOXO
*Tricia