Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday-Plus a Reminder!

Wednesday is Outdoor Wednesday hosted by Susan of A Southern Daydreamer.
I am a little under the weather, so I hope you will give me a bit of a pass for laziness. These photos below are ones that were taken on my recent trip to Orange Beach, Alabama. I have long had a fondness, an affinity for trees. This one in particular is a favorite of mine. It's an oak that is hundreds of years old. (click for a larger view)
I have photographed at this tree before. I love the feeling is lends to the photography. These are portraits of my daughter, "Sister Sledge" who celebrated her 11th birthday the day I took these portraits.
To see more of the photos from our photo session, click here.
I want to remind everyone about Thrifty Thursday. I hope you will join me for it!
Thrifty Thursday is a show and tell of sorts. It is time for you to showcase your thrifty find. It can be an old find or a new one. It might be something that you found at a thrift store, a consignment store, flea market, garage/yard sale, dumpster diving, even antique stores. It's it was a thrifty find, then it meets the requirements. I am not picky, It can be a great pair of boots & a killer vintage dress, jewelry, home decor, even fishing lures. It is your thrifty find. Tell me about it.
Where did you find it? What is it? What do you plan to do with it or how do you plan to use it in your home? Do you want to sell it? Thrifty Thursday's are about the thrill of the hunt...and the treasure you found. So....do show and tell!
Be sure to grab a button and link back. Also, don't forget to come back here tonight at 8PM and paste your direct hyperlink to your Thrifty Thursday post here at Mr. Linky (assuming he will be nice tonight).

And while I am promoting, tomorrow is also Tablescape Thursday. My friend Susan at Between Naps on the Porch host that, and it is really a great event. I have meet some great bloggers through Tablescape as well as Thirfty Thursdays. I encourage you to attend. There is no wrong way!
Finally, thanks for dropping by Outdoor Wednesday hosted by Susan of A Southern Daydreamer, drop by Susan's to visit all of the participants. Thanks for your patience while I am trying to mend. I hope to be back in full swing both posting and visiting blogs soon.
Thanks y'all!

12 comments:

Amy said...

beautiful tree. And I love the photos.

amy@maisonbelle

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Those are wonderful pics and just beautiful of your daughter. What a wonderful effect. Cindy

Mari said...

Hope you feel better soon!
I love your tree picture - it's such a cool tree!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday Leigh! Hope you feel better soon! Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan

Monica said...

That tree is divine, so are your pictures!
Thanks for sharing, and Happy Outdoor Wednesday!
Monica.

Keetha Broyles said...

That oak tree is a king among trees. The Spanish moss and viney stuff sure add to its beauty.

Amy said...

Love your photos. Thanks for letting us know about the other blog events coming up tomorrow. I hope you feel better very soon! Amy :)

j said...

I agree that the tree adds a feel to the pictures that is wonderful. Of course Sister Sledge could have her picture taken by a dumpster and the photo would STILL be awesome. That little lady doesn't need any help. She really is lovely in those photos.

I am thinking thinking thinking about tomorrow's Thrifty Thursday. We'll see if I come up with anything bloggable.

Love ya Leigh!

Chandy said...

The photos are just lovely and the tree for a background is awesome!
Leigh, rest up so you can be 100% again soon!

Prim Rose Hill ©2008-2020 said...

Beautiful! Love the spanish moss. Hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday!
Hugs,
Sheri

Light and Voices said...

Spanish moss sure adds to the photo of the tree. Wonderful photos! I hope you will be back on your feet soon.
Joyce

Lindsey said...

I love those trees. I take pics of those too when we visit L.A. (lower Alabama). I am amazed at how strong those limbs must be. I just could literally get lost looking at them;)

Love those pics of your sweet little girl!